Thursday, August 23, 2012

American Psycho



I'm excited 'cos I got ahold of American Psycho y Bret Easton Ellis.  I read this as a teen, because it was sitting around, but did not realize what a great satire it was 'til the movie by Mary Harron and Guin Turner.  The lesbian version has depth.  Now I want to see what the original has to offer...

I'm still trying to finish Absolution Gap. It's long.  But it has moments of absolute brilliance.  And I like the gentically enhanced pig, Scorpio.  The baddies are pretty cool too.

I'm listening to the first LeCarre Smiley book on the commute.  I got hooked on audiobooks while sick and unable to hold my head up, much less hold and stare at a book for hours.  The Scottish accent of the last one was awesome, and the guy reading LeCarre's pretty good so far.  I like when they're not too slow.  I read fast...  The LeCarre starts rather slow, but the curious mystery about a guy's death is developing, with interesting character descriptions.  The telling detail...


1 comment: