Monday, October 15, 2012

Cool!




Quite the find.   Though we don't all have acres of permafrost in the backyard.  What will they think to do with all this rich data...

This (last- post publishing delayed by Virgin/Sprint fail) weekend's Gaylaxicon was quite enjoyable, and much more approachable than I was worried it might be.  They had a meet and greet on Friday night where people seemed to be enjoying themselves and mingling and mixing beyond who they already knew.  I'm shy, so I can't say I was overly outgoing, but met some new people...

The panels were interesting.  I went to a discussion of YA that talked about different books that the usual recent bestsellers, with author Ginn Hale (The Wicked Gentlemen) making some good comments.  My panel went well.  People had some good ideas about why women underattend and what can and can't be done about it.  Kudos to Naomi Krirzer for organizing it last minute.  A panel on writing across genres was lively and interesting food for thought.

The GF busily ran her 10 mile warmup Saturday and then the TC 10 mile race on marathon Sunday, between panels.  There were some big meals interspersed to keep her from eating arms or legs.  Dim sum with a bunch of writers was fun and even had enough vegetarian options for three participants, dim sum being an iffy proposition sometimes.

Now I have a day off and can run tons of errands.  My truck decided to throw the enigine light and I have to decide whether to studiously ignore it while looking for a new car, or not...  Time to get something that doesn't reinjure my leg every time I drive it... 

I may not actually get much accomplished today though.  Already I'm like, "Is it naptime?"  While the dogs are looking at me like it's first walk of the day time.  This does not bode well for productivity.


No comments:

Post a Comment