Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Anticipation

Love that Gaitskill chill

I'm reading some books I got off the Diverse YA and other end of year lists, to think about Hugo voting.  But I'm also reading Tom Disch's The Dreams Our Things Are Made Of, a past take on the worlds of SF, and MFA vs ,NYC, about the split worlds of Lit'r'ture.

They're actually quite complementary and a way to see past the walls between these genres but also maybe grok why they exist to the benefit if eternal dismay of the ones deemed "genre."  I've been reading various people's grousing about "No respect" in the lit world, but MFA vs. NYC really begs the question of why would you want that.  Watch what you wish for type of thing.  Goodies come with tethers.

Speaking of which, what I want to get to next is Veronica by Mary Gaitskill, which jumped off the shelf at me when I was looking for something else.  This old review makes me want to read it more.  This too. 


Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment