Sunday, April 26, 2015

Behind on books

I've got stacks and lists of books to read, and I've made some headway but not in blogging about them.  Which is important solely because it's the only way i'm going to remember what I read over the year...

I just finished a Finnish thriller, Leena Lehtolainen's The Bodyguard in its English translation by Jenni Salmi.  The bodyguard is Hilja Ilveskero, who is a lot like Griffith's Aud Torvingen except she has a soft spot for bad boys. 

Readable and I found it interesting for the parts about Russian and Finnish politics and economic intertwining as much as the plot, which is pretty standard fare.  I liked Hilja despite not liking her kinda dull and overplayed choice of love interest.  That part bogged down a little. But there are a lot of lynxes and lynx lore, as well as food and nature talk that made me hungry and want to go hiking, mushroom picking, and baking.

I can't remember what else I read, ha.  Working on Terms of Service as my non-fiction book, a little too much information about social media and the present and future of data privacy.  Just started Christopher Bram's In Memory of Angel Clare.  Promising start.


Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment