Thursday, June 9, 2011

Moxyland


Among other books, mostly research and more boggy, I am reading Moxyland by Lauren Beukes (Angry Robot Press).  It's a near future South Africa with activists, graffiti artists, street kids, up and coming photographers, and slacker dudes all hooked into the corporate system by sponsorship, employment, surveillance, and as the price of gaming and nanotech.  So far it's very interesting.

I'm reading it mostly on the light rail during my commute, so it's taking longer than I usually need to devour something tasty.

The book design is awesome -good looking and the print is readable at arms length yet not that Potter-sized letter thing that wastes paper to make it seem longer.  The plot moves along but there's a lot going on in terms of political analysis, social forecasting, and neat gadgets.  More when I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment