Sunday, November 20, 2011

Settling in for winter







Somehow I managed to get my yardwork, gutters, tree trimming, and last minute leaf cleanup from that one damn lazy tree done before the first snow.  I am now recovering from a dehydration headache after the first snow run of the season.  Should have drunk more water yesterday, but it was so cold...  6.5 miles in falling snow with the GF and running dog, who was very happy in her little green coat. 

Hopefully we are ready for the turkey day 10k.  I did a very steep Nob Hill run in SF last weekend that should have made my legs into steel rods, since they did not fall off...

Now I am contemplating new goals, the original plan being my first 10 mile race.in April.  But this book makes a half seem so doable in just 16 weeks (I can make you a man...  Or not.)  But then there is the lure of cross country skiing.  And I still haven't figured out just what my brain wants to work on writing, though it has been forcing me to obsess about punk, insane asylums, and AIDS activist history with some promise of usefulness in this endeavor at some point.  The plan is to get back into writing before work now that there is no daylight before or after work to entice me to take up that time, on non-running days.  Week One...

I have been plowing through research books and am ready for a good read.  Everyone has been recommending Karen Lord's fantasy novel and it was in at the library - on deck.


No comments:

Post a Comment