Sunday, November 6, 2011

Uplifting reading of the day



I bet he swore a lot, though.

Relaxing after my long run, which went ok, if very slow, after a week of for foot and ankle pain, some overdue shoe shopping, a slow short run and a memorial semi-kamikaze run with a pack of crazy runner types.  That one started out too fast and ended up too slow, as I accompanied the friend who was not up to the mileage or the original big dogs' pace...

As usual, I am reading at least four things at once, including a vegan cookbook which actually has a few things I had not considered  in terms of food combinations, and some books about foot care from the 70s with great drawings of dudes with bouncy hair and long 'staches in tiny shorts and singlets and tube socks. 

I just finished Embassytown by China Mieville, and it actually finished strong and made sense, but not too much sense.  A very thought-filled and -provoking book.  People who read a lot of linguistics or Joseph Campbell type stuff about the stages or development of consciousness should find it interesting.

Anyway, back to the real learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment