Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Freeze frame



You know the phrase ' built like a fridge?'  I do in fact feel like a compact refrigeration unit standing all bundled up on the light rail platform, which today is a wind tunnel.

Sunday I ran 9 miles for the first time, making it the Best.9-mile.Ever.  That was my inner mantra as the last couple miles sagged on long after the sun sank past the horizon.  I got some good shots of downtown Mpls the St. Paul side of Mississippi and the Lake st bridge.

I got about half of the stuff on my long-weekend list done but made some good and mouth-burning Ma Po tofu and other tasty foods to make up for my sloth.  The blogosphere really made cooking a whole new world.  Not being limited by one's (or the library's) collection of cookbooks is very nice.  The funny stories attached to recipes add a lot of flavor too.

I am mostly done with The Sub, and it's still engrossing and wickedly funny.  Taking a detour into Sara Schulman's History of the US before finishing the Halberstam and queer theory anthology though.  Will get around to discussing those eventually...

No comments:

Post a Comment