Monday, March 19, 2012

Readings, books, races



It's spring.  Like fall, spring in Minnesota means a brief frenzy of social activity.  And then the usual lull, but with dogs panting.  It's way, way early this year.  And winter hardly bothered.  But the madness is on.

I went to a bunch of readings, friend Catherine Lundoff launching her menopausal werewolf novel Silver Moon, and a lesbian writer thing at the Quatrefoil Library.  St Patty's with the pre-birthday runners.  Still recovering from my 10 mile.  Ran with friends Jake and Cara Sunday morning while the visiting grandparents provided them the rare opportunity to run together.

I ran 7 this weekend, and it was supposed to feel easy in comparison, but it did not.  Thus I will wait a bit longer to up the ante to a half marathon.  My feet and knees need more time to adjust.

I am reading too many books at once too.  The M.D. has been slow starting, mostly because I started it before finishing Through a Brazen Mirror by Delia Sherman.  The latter slips down smoothly, classic kings and sorcerors fantasy with cross-dressing.

I also went to a CLE showing of a film "Crime After Crime" about the CA in-justice system.  More on that later.  Back to work!

More on the movie here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment