Friday, August 16, 2013

Writing advice from the pros



I'm an internet slacker.  I catch onto things only years later.  Following up on a recommendation to read  this, by Charlie Anders, I ran across a lot of other funny stuff, including  this. 

"There are two things more difficult than writing. The first is editing, the second is expert level Sudoku where there’s literally two goddamned squares filled in. While editing is a grueling process, if you really work hard at it, in the end you may find that your piece has fewer words than it did before, which is great. Perhaps George Bernard Shaw said it best when upon sending a letter to a close friend, he wrote, “I’m sorry this letter is so long, I didn’t have time to make it shorter.” No quote better illustrates the point that writers are very busy."

So true.  Write your heart out.

No comments:

Post a Comment