Sunday, January 11, 2015

Time and Identities

I was digging around in my bookshelf looking for In A Queer Place and Time, after reading an argument about it.  I came upon the book of Michelle M. Wright,Becoming Black, and went to search the interwebs for anything new by her, as she was a high school friend and is a scorching hot thinker with very wide-ranging interests.

I noticed again that internet searches today are so much more fruitful than over three years ago, the last time I did such a search.  Much more schtuff is all over, in this case particularly full text scholarly reviews and articles, not just abstracts.

It turns out Dr./Professor Wright (this makes my h.s. French class self squee) is doing some really intriguing work on time and identity formation/conception, referencing physics, time travel, etc.  She also has some fascinating articles available on the web about racism and technology and she edited an anthology about cyberfeminism.  I'm writing on my phone, which is old and limited, so I include only two links unearthed by a google of her name.

Here is an interview.  Here is  an article about how we think about technology. I'm going to have to spend some time reading her work in 2015, as it clearly has direct links to science fiction.  She always was f'n brilliant, and erudite, in multiple languages...


Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment