Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Future of Work



...is already here.  Walking towards the library, I see a guy resting on his arms on the edge of the enormous bucket he's standing in, ready to go up in the crane to the very tall roof of the library.  And texting...

There's an interesting future of work story in the September issue of Redstone SF: The Jenny.  Brought me right back to my days at the O.G.

Not long ago I went to a con panel about technology - e-books was the topic, and the participants were saying that a paperless office was in the future.  I kept my mouth shut, but much of lawyering these days is all-electronic by court order, and I currently work within an all-electronic, very record-heavy environment.  Impressed every day at how well it works, despite the usual glitches (one would have with paper too one way or another).  

Panelists are often very focused on their own narrow slice of experience, anyway.  Just never say "Never" on a panel...


No comments:

Post a Comment