Saturday, September 17, 2011

Great big sky


Went for a morning trail run, taking the light rail to Fort Snelling and running down the wooden stairs and then along  the river back to the Minnehaha Falls.  Now watching "Into the Wild."  It's pretty damn good a second time. 

Each time I've watched it with a mother of 20-something sons.  Luckily the one son's not at all into wilderness and the other knows a hell of a lot better how top survive in it.  And has a job that gives enough of a taste of it anyhow.  It's a slightly excruciating look at families though...

Man, there are some beautiful landscapes in this movie.  Makes me want to go back West and hike.  I've been missing the Arizona mountains since driving in Idaho and Utah.

Might have to build a fire later.  Perfect fall weather.  But I have a bunch of library books to plow through, all about punk rock history, and another rented movie, the Alan Ginsberg biopic "Howl."  Plus a little wood repair and painting, thanks to an anxious dog not happy about the fair going on at the Catholic school down the block.  And writing, and salsa canning.  The weekend gets away from ya...


1 comment:

  1. Kerstin has the book Into the Wild, which she's going to loan me if she remembers. That movie would have freaked me out if I'd seen it when the Firefighter was on his way to the Arctic.

    ReplyDelete