Saturday, September 3, 2011

Nggghhh




I actually have nothing to complain about, except  high altitude really is harder.  In the 5k I beat an 8 year old who was very upset to be passed by several old ladies, but he had to stop to tie his shoes.  I also beat a family except the teenage son, who made the break before I did to leave mom and sis in the dust.  Unsure of the time, could be respectable for all that training, or not.  Will have to see.

Correction: I got third in my age group, female.  Yay races with small pools of non-marathon, half, and 10k more seeerious runners... Ya gotta pick right.  Based on the times, the 5k route, which felt slightly uphill for a good bit, does not confer the advantage the downhill bits for the full and half marathons do...  Yay.  Wish I had broken 30:00 tho.  It seems so slow a time for how much work it was.

The barefoot marathoner made it to the end in one piece, so it was a good day.  No broken bones, only a slightly enlarged Baker's cyst. 

Cough, cough.  Time to nap.


No comments:

Post a Comment