Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Shape shifting historie


The Priest got a little crazy but did not disappoint.  Amidst headlines from MN's upcoming battle over the meaning of marriage rights and recent national issues, it did not seem so far-fetched.

I have moved on to Richard Bowes' Minions of The Moon, which is keeping me up late reading.  I am this writer's biggest fan.  I don't care how long or much you've read - I will fight you for the title.   Deceptively smooth and simple, his stories and novels just have that je ne sais quoi I read a ton of crap to find on rare occasions.  And this one really rocks.

I'm indulging in my recent musical obsession:  Dawes.  Yes, they dress like the J Crew catalog begat brats with the Abercrombie Fitch window display.  There's something about their faux mountain harmonies with LA themes and Neil Young worship that just hits the spot aurally.  Makes work flow smoothly, which is a plus.

Anyway.  Let the snow-rain-sleet fall.  I've still got 150 pages to go, and Tom Disch's The M.D. up next, all 400-some pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment