Sunday, March 17, 2013

Back on the road again





Two weeks in a row I have run outside for weekend long runs.  2-3 miles, sadly, is where I'm at in rehab, though this is ice runnung, which is hard on the hip flexors and glutes I injured, so I'm also being extra careful. 

Today I found that the Galactic Suburbia podcast (feminist SFF writers from Australia talking about the biz, the internets, and books) is not only good for a long elliptical workout at the gym but for long trail runs.  Music makes me run too fast...  They had a good discussion of the new Random House Hydra imprint and their questionable new contracts.

Congrats on GS's 3rd anniversary, and thanks for helping me stay off the couch a bit...

Which I will get back to now to finish The Courier's New Bicycle by Kim Westwood on the GF's tablet while she is off doing important things.  It's sort if cheesy, but reads easy, and I'm hooked.  A gender transgressive protag does not hurt, though I'm not sure yet what I think of the underlying political messages and worldbuilding.


No comments:

Post a Comment