Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Nightshifted



I started reading my Clarion West classmate's series about a nurse in the special unit for vampires, werewolves, etc., Nightshifted by Cassie Alexander. 

I was putting this off because I thought it was too cheesy a premise, and the genre is het romance (though apparently there's a lesbian character later on in the series.  But my ER nurse friend loved it, and then another friend I recommended it to...  And it turns out I put down "City Boy" to find out what happens next, darn it.  I may have to renew Ed White.

The blurb:  "Nursing school prepared Edie Spence for a lot of things. Burn victims? No problem. Severed limbs? Piece of cake. Vampires? No way in hell. But as the newest nurse on Y4, the secret ward hidden in the bowels of County Hospital, Edie has her hands full with every paranormal patient you can imagine—from vamps and were-things to zombies and beyond…"

Cheesy, been done except the nurse angle.  But it's funny and moves along just right.  And Cassie knows from nursing.

No comments:

Post a Comment