Sunday, April 14, 2013

Avoidance




Baking works well.  I got some good spring out of the sourdough in the squash bread, after winging it on approximating the UK measurements.  Last of my winter squash from last fall.  Wiping them with diluted bleach kept them from molding, in my sort of cool cellar.

Listening to lots of Coode Street, Skiffy and Fanty, and Galactic Suburbia podcasts this week, plus Jo Nesbo's The Redbreast, from his Norwegian Harry Hole mystery series. 

I'm reading books about strength training and anatomy, not so interesting to anyone else who doesn't read medical records or practice medicine daily... Or get injured frequently.  The book Running Anatomy by Joe Puleo and Dr. Patrick Milroy is fascinating me though.  Who knew you used all those upper body muscles in running?  Great color pictures.

Recent Hugo discussions sent me back to Jonathan McCalmont's blog post about  Cowardice and laziness in SF.  I'm trying to work through it all, but there's something he's putting his finger on in that post that seems really important, to me.  I keep being drawn back to the discussions about what's missing in SF right now.  Not exactly sure why, but I'll keep trying to become more articulate about it...


No comments:

Post a Comment