Saturday, July 6, 2013

Eight miles











I ran across the bridge and down the river on the St Paul side to Crosby Farms, which is river level.  The water is high, so much of it is closed off.  The Limestone outcroppings on the bluffs are cool.  There's a covered-up cave outlet, which I did not realize, even after reading Greg Brick's book about Twin Cities caves.

It took a long time, at 80-plus degrees and rising, but got 'er done.  The two Somali guys who stopped, dropped, and.did pushups every half mile are hardier than I, and twenty years younger, I might add...

I was listening to the SF Squeecast but then Lopez Lomong's book Running for My Life.  Listening to his description of running away from a Senegalese rebel camp after being taken from his parents at age 6, running all day and night with no food or water to a Kenyan refugee camp, I could not complain about eight miles and a little heat...

No comments:

Post a Comment