Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Necessary fripperies

(A commenter on a Guardian excerpt from the book called it a frippery. She read the frippiest part of the book.  I would not call even that a frippery, but I believe more in books as life's bread...)

I spent a fair amount of free time over the last year searching out essays and interviews by Roxane Gay, after stumbling on an essay and her tumblr.  Now there's a collection, and it's funny, biting, deep, and oh so jaded that it's fresh again.  She really is a pleasure to read, and not a guilty one, despite the "bad feminist" schtick.  We know what she's getting at with that, and she's right to strike that pose in this cultural moment.  It is demanded of a thinker.

I've been doing too much dog training to read the title as I should, but: Bad Feminist.  Worth checking out.  I may say more layer on it, but I have trouble getting around to virtual socializing these days.

Posted via Blogaway


Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment