Thursday, July 28, 2011

Interval running



In the sun with a high dewpoint, not so fun.  I think I scared a couple of fit young ladies jogging along with my beet red face.  I'm sure they thought the old broad was crazy, as well as about to keel over.  Just sticking to my schedule.

Why I was doing that is the question I was contemplating as I did my back to back "easy" run this morning, but I survived with only tight calves and aching shins.  And it's kind of fun to show the young 'uns we aren't all so well preserved as in the Lifetime Fitness ads.  Gobs forbid we should try to be athletic.  Athletical?

Plus I saw a possum, crawling out of a hedge by a neighbor's house.  I will trade them an ever-expanding hole full of gophers...

2 comments:

  1. I don't know about that, you look pretty well-preserved for a young'un. (love the label!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was feeling curmudgeonly. As now, when the light rail is all drunks, teenagers, careening drunks, and drunk teenagers. TGIF?

    ReplyDelete