Monday, August 15, 2011

¿Minnie?




I started a longer review of a book of longer essays about the Matrix trilogy and of The Taqwacores, a novel about Muslim punk rockers that described a fictional scene that kids who read the book decided to make real.  But internet connectivity issues and my dog having a bad arthritis pain episode got in the way.

That last Fringe show we were going to squeeze in didn't happen either, but we did go to see Brandi Carlile at the MN Zoo.  We all got very lucky that it did not rain and she put on a great show as always.  The covers of Johnny Cash (Folsom Prison and a snatch of Jackson) and Patsy Cline (Crazy) were my favorites.  But she kept referring to Mpls.as "Minnie."  I'm sure St. Paul was miffed because we were actually in Apple Valley and not calling it the Twin Cities was kind of inaccurate.  It was kind of jarring.

Anyway, this is one of my favorite murals in Minnie, at 42d and 28th Ave.

No comments:

Post a Comment