Saturday, August 6, 2011

Multi-tasking



Listening to the Current -so far OMD, Iggy Pop singing "The Passenger," one of the songs I learned to play in one of the short-lived  two-person punk bands I was in as a teenager, New Order, the Sex Pistols.  The Saturday morning show is an 80s alt  feast...

Also cooling down from a supposedly race-pace 5k run where I was a little too slow to be happy with it, making coffee and fried potatoes for the 12-mile runner who is mid-run, dogsitting, and thinking about a trunk story.

The crazy young dog is unhappy about not getting to run and pacing around my yard our house, going in and out, while my old dog is playing troll under the bridge under my deck.  The old concrete pilings under there are very cool even in much heat.

Now the Current is playing the more boring parts of 80s new wave and I am thinking about putting on  Black Blondie, a local TC band I haven't heard in a while. 

Then I need to get organized about writing on my newly Ubuntu'ed laptop, which I have been dragging my feet about.  Though I have at least been researching new ISPs so I can connect it to the interwebs.

OK, they played the B52s just in time, and now that song... Well, that one that goes, "Touch me once, touch my twice."  My brain has shed some 80s trivia to make room for... something important, I'm so sure...  And now the Stray Cat Strut.  It's as if they were digging into my scary little vinyl collection.  I'm sure that's good inspiration... 

Ah, it was more OMD, of course, and now The Smiths, who Phranc opened for when I was a h.s. senior, thus making my life complete, briefly.  Nostalghia, such a fun drug.


1 comment:

  1. I guess I'm really the Accidental 15 and a Half Mile Runner. Snappy.

    ReplyDelete