Sunday, October 16, 2011

Glee



Is taking forever to buffer, so I have time to post... 

Yesterday, we ran in the Big Gay Race, along with many other peoples.  It was a very good turnout, with some good outfits.  I ran kinda slow and had to stop near the end to catch my breath, having done a race pace 9x400 run Wednesday that made me feet hurt.  But it was fun.

Then we went to the Mill City farmers market and to Spoon River for an early birthday brunch for the vegetarian.  It was pretty tasty, but like with Greens, I'm not sure the extra price was justified.  The old Brenda's had more zing.

Then on to the Book Fair, where I got to stand five feet away from Kevin Sorbo.  And a couple friends were hawking their wares:

 A Day at the Inn, a Night at the Palace... and   Enter Oblivion .  Both good reads...

And then the last warmth of the day disappeared and it got very cold.  It's supposed to get down to 31°F on Tuesday.  Brrr. 

Otherwise, I have been reading about psych ERs, the history of psychiatric treatment, and looking at photos of abandoned insane asylums and other old fancy buildings, working on a story that has not fully taken shape yet.  Something about haunted old asylum ruins.  Maybe.  It's one of those net obsessions I can not shake and might as well put it to work.  

Anyway, time to walk the dog, since Glee is not happening right now.  It was giving me the urge to go to the new Footloose, with an angry dance homage.  Since the GF looks a hell of a lot like Kevin Bacon, I kinda feel I ought to see the original first though.  I've only seen parts of it.  I know, bad 80s karma.  I haven't seen Dirty Dancing in it's entirety either.  I can sing "Maniac, Maniac" in its entirety though.  I'd just rather watch women dance for their lives, I guess...

1 comment:

  1. Now you've seen it. That damn music was going through my head all night. No wonder I'm tired today!

    ReplyDelete