Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Orangevwie


It's hard to believe it's time to rake, except that I helped the GF buy a snowblower last weekend, on order to ensure that winter comes late and only with snow too light or wet for the machine to be worth using...  The firefighting 20 something son shovels better, but he somehow managed to nge gone for all the many big snows last year.  Anyway, I can't believe it's October.

I'm reading about the history of punk, homocore, psychiatric hospitalization, and informal economic networks.  That and a cold, the marathon runner's recovery from knee surgery and other  assorted mishaps, plus my own 10k training and that work thing are keeping me off the webs. 

I have come to really dislike having to turn on a computer when I'm not at work.  Not sure how to reconcile that with the writing goals just yet, except that I tend to do a lot in notebooks the old longhand style.  I need to look into Dragon, which some of my co-workers use quite effectively.  To not be tied to the box and keyboard might make it fun again.

1 comment: