Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Still sad



I had to put Dusty to sleep last week after her back legs finally stopped working.  It was very cold and snowing and I figured that was coming on one of those types of days.  She did enjoy eating snow and patches of sun, but little else, in the last month or so.

She could not walk well in even five inches of snow, and this made her very sad as a snow-loving dog from Hibbing, MN.  Even when shivering, she refused to wear a coat to supplement her thick Shepherd mix fur.  But she kept up a good front to the end, worried more about failing me than her own pain, it seemed.  A great dog, and my first.

2 comments:

  1. Sad to hear. Nothing can assuage this source of melancholy.
    My condolences.

    The curfew tolls the knell of parting day,
    The lowing herd winds slowly o'er the lea,
    The ploughman homeward plods his weary way,
    And leaves the world to darkness and to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. D Boo was such a good dog. I feel like I'm listening for her presence and she's giving me that look. You know, that one.

    ReplyDelete