Sunday, June 17, 2012

Arisan




I'm watching this Indonesian gay movie from 2003, distributed by Water Bearer films.  So far it's pretty interesting.  An Arisan is kind of like a women's meetup, from what I can tell...

Tired today.  I spent the week off running and visiting the chiropractor to deal with back pain and massive tightness.  Yesterday I overdid it a little at a convention and am paying for it...

I was on a panel about lesbian werewolf and shapeshifter fiction at the Golden Crown Society convention, which seemed to go ok.  Jewelle Gomez, of The Gilda Stories, was the con GoH, and on the panel.  There was a bit of squee on my part when I found this out, and it was not disappointing.  She, as well as reviewer and writer ME Cooper and Silver Moon author Catherine Lundoff, had many interesting things to say about werewolves and, of course, vampires.

I would have attended more, but even just the panel, some relaxing in the bar with folks, and dinner was too much.  They got a good turnout, and everyone was dressed to the nines for the Goldie awards when I left.

I had to get organized for the  Clarion West Writeathon as well.  I've set a goal of one hour five days a week of writing, which is a big jump.  Though not being able to run is freeing up some time.  :(.

Hopefully I can make some progress on this novel thing.  Rewriting can be hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment