Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Dark Wife



I'm reading this, and found out it just won a Goldie award.  Well-deserved.  The best thing about this is author Sarah Diemer's tireless promotion for her self-published work is paying off.  Here's a brief but inspiring interview.

"All of my life, I was told by peers that what I wrote was far too niche to sell. I challenged that--there's nothing niche about my writing other than the fact that every single main character is a lesbian. I write about zombies and unicorns and clockwork worlds and fairies and monsters and gods and goddesses and angels and demons and werewolves and vampire hunters and straight people enjoy my stories--which range from hardcore fantasy to speculative fiction to biopunk to mythic punk--and love my characters."

Quote of the day.

Trying to get up the energy to work at an increased pace and then go home and write 5 *more* pages.  Of fiction.  Changing gears is going to be hard.  But that's the plan. 

Write-a-thon Day 1 for me.  Yesterday was get out of work early to go to the chiropractor only to find out he had fled to the hospital where his wife was in labor early day.  I wandered around Uptown running all the errands I've been saving up, and thinking about world-building.  Cheapo Records was playing old school British punk, very helpful.


No comments:

Post a Comment