Friday, June 22, 2012

Events



Brandi Carlile rocked the full house at the Zoo last night, the second of two sold out shows. 

She made a little speech about the Marriage amendment and gave space to the  Minnesotans United, which was cool.  I was wondering if she'd mention it or Pride weekend.  Especially since the crowd was very straight.  Not as much preaching to the converted as with Amy Ray's audience.

It's a little weird seeing a lesbian performer with a very Minnesotan, not very gay audience.  Made me nostalgic for women's festivals and Melissa E, which happens very rarely.  Coincidentally, or not, I have to wax nostalgic in the novel I'm working on...

The chiro seems to have fixed me up good enough to run in the Pride Run, so now we're pondering costumes.  Tjinking queer geek pride, and maybe advertising  Gaylaxicon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment