Wednesday, July 4, 2012

TC Boom



The best half I never ran...

No one did.  They demoted it to a 5 mile, what with 85 degrees plus at 5 a.m. and a dew point now at 76.  92, feels like 100+.  And not that dry heat, like Tucson used to be until they planted olive trees and people put in lawns and golf courses...

I have been sidelined by back pain, treated by my chiropractor, and then straining/spraining my left calf and ankle.  Massive ball of pain through Sunday, when some online research paid off and I found piriformis stretches that eased the butt, hip, and thigh pain and stopped it radiating down to the ankle.  Now I'm just icing, taking ibuprofen, massaging,and slowly working on stretches to loosen up my angry calf.

The GF's swag above, though at least I got a t-shirt and glass...  I can't say I'm jealous.  I hate running in heat.  I was hoping to do my first half marathon, but now will have to start all over again.  :(.

I can't complain about the heat, though, because my brother's family in DC was without power in that sweltering mess for several days.  Reading all day about horrible diseases and their progression puts acute injuries into perspective, too...

Any way.  Happy 4th, or protest day, depending on which tack you take.  Stay cool, if you can.


No comments:

Post a Comment